Precision Garage Door Openers of Fort Wayne
Serving Fort Wayne Indiana
We install and repair garage door openers.
If you are having a problem with your opener, let us check it out. We can often repair at a fraction of the cost of replacement. If you are looking for a new model, keep reading. We offer a large selection of new garage door openers with the latest features.
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are commonly used and a very reliable type of opener. The motor runs the door on a track with a metal chain. Chain drive motors may cost a little less than belt drives. They are louder, however, so if your garage is attached to your home, you don't want this opener.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Belt drives are very reliable and they are also virtually silent. The motor runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod to lift the door. These openers are recommended only where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. They tend to be the slowest moving and loudest of 3 types of openers, but are also the least expensive.
Proper Garage Door Installation
You also need to be sure the garage door opener you purchase is installed properly. Please invest 4 minutes in watching this video. Although it begins a bit like a commercial you will learn the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
Precision Door Opener:
PDS800® Newton DC Powered Garage Door Operator -
The energy-efficient, DC-powered operator that runs at an AC-equivalent speed. DC drive motor with soft-start and soft-stop for smooth, quiet, long-term reliable performance
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation
Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light
A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
Recommended Liftmaster Models:
Call us to learn how this garage door opener easily connects to your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
8550 Elite Series DC Motor Belt Drive w/ Evercharge® Standby Power System -
A rich, reliable opener designed to perform and built to last for years of smooth, trouble free operation. It is extremely quiet.
This garage door opener does something really great too... it works when the power goes out! The 8550 is the ultimate in garage door opener technology and convenience.
- Battery Backup system ensures operation, even when the power is out
- Timer to close feature lets you choose to have the door automatically close after a pre-programmed number of minutes
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode
- Belt drive system is durable, ultra-quiet and maintenance-free
- Whole garage lighting with dual side 200-watt CFL bulb-compatible design
- Uses multiple frequencies simultaneously for near-zero interference
- Wall Station: Provides door operation from the inside of your garage. Also includes an illuminated push-button and security vacation/lock switch so that your always protected.
- Wireless Keyless Entry System (WKES): Allows you to program your own 4-digit pin. It controls up to 3 different garage doors. Also provides temporary service for visitors
- Offers a safety reversal system included with a warning (system lights flash) when contact is sensed or made with any object
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty on the motor and belt and a five-year on all other parts (one-year on the battery)
- 12VDC battery is always charged and ready - no additional outlets are needed
- Alerts you when in use - an audible signal tells you when the standby power system is operating
- Safety and security features still operate - ensures your family is still protected in a power failure
- Backup power will operate the garage door opener for 40 full cycles within a 24-hour period* (fully charged batteries at 72° F)
EverCharge® Standby Power System Features:
8355 Premium Series 1/2 HP Belt Drive Opener -
This model is the perfect choice for reliability, top performance and quality.
The belt offers quiet operation and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This unit includes 2 remote controls and a wall control panel
- MyQ® technology lets your customers monitor and control their garage door and house lights remotely by using a smartphone, tablet or computer (LiftMaster Internet Gateway accessory required).
- The LiftMaster® Internet Gateway is only compatible with LiftMaster® garage door opener models 8355, 8360, 8550 and 8500
- Security+ 2.0 technology changes to a new code with every click, transmitting multiple frequencies and ensures operating consistency and extended range even in the toughest interference areas
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) delivers smooth, quiet performance. A perfect choice for homes with a living space above or next to the garage
- Auto-force allows the garage door opener to adapt to weather and changing environmental conditions, ensuring optimal performance and eliminating the need for manual adjustments
- Energy efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode
- HOMELINK® compatible with QuickTrain™ technology
- Meets all UL325 requirements
- Earned the Good Housekeeping seal Warranty:
- Includes a lifetime warranty on the motor and belt
- One-year on all other parts.
LiftMaster 3255 - Rugged, reliable performance is what you'll get with the LiftMaster® 3255 1/2 HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener. Its durable 1/2 HP motor combined with an industrial-strength chain drive provide smooth, steady performance year after year. Part of the Contractor Series, it is the choice for value and reliability.
- The Smart Garage Door Opener® lets you electronically program security codes from the Multi-Function Control Panel or the powerhead
- Delivers 100 watts of light with adjustable light time delay
- Meets all UL325 requirements
- The Protector System® safety sensors project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object
- Opener light turns on automatically when The Protector System's infrared beam is broken
- Security+® rolling code technology assures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
- Patented PosiLock® system ensures the door remains securely locked when the garage door is closed
- Manual release handle in case of power failure
8550W DC Battery Backup Belt Drive
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your Garage Door Opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening..
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and belt, five-year parts and one-year Battery Backup warranties.