Precision Garage Door Opener Repair in Fort Wayne Indiana
Garage Door Opener Repair that is Convenient For You!
- All Our Work Comes With A Full Warranty!
- Same Day Service
- All Phone Calls Answered By Live Operator 24/7
- Evening & Weekend Appointments Available At No Extra Charge
- 24/7 Emergency Service Available. ($140 Minimum-After 8pm)
- All Major Credit Cards
Hours: 8am - 8pm Monday - Saturday, Sunday 10am - 6pm
Call Today For Same Day Opener Repair or Replacement!
Common Problems With Garage Door Openers
Here are some of the most common problems seen by our technicians:
Garage Door Opener Repair Vs. Replacement
Very often when your garage door opener is not functioning properly it can be repaired at a fraction of the cost of replacement. We often recommend repair over replacement for this reason. We always carry a full inventory of garage door opener parts on our trucks, so we can repair your opener in a single visit.
There are times when replacement is the best option::
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. If your was manufactured prior to 1993 (UL 325) your house probably would not even pass an inspection with it, so we recommend replacement in this situation.
- Safety concerns with a brand- If a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- No safety eyes - if the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance: therefore we will typically recommend replacement.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will not be available and replacing is usually the only option
Why Do Garage Door Openers Fail?
Precision always performs a Balance Test on your door as recommended by DASMA. The Balance Test is simple and you can do it yourself by watching the short video below.
The reason for this test is to determine whether your door is out of balance or not. If the door is not balanced, as displayed in the video, it will exert an inordinate amount of stress on the opener and will cause your opener to fail over and over again. A common cause of an unbalanced garage door is having the wrong size spring(s) on the door. Precision's certified technician will always let you know if this is a potential problem and if it is, diagnose the fix as a part of your free 18-point inspection.
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions.
"Can Precision Fix My Opener in Particular?"
Here at Precision, our technicians are certified to repair ALL major brands including: LiftMaster®, Chamberlain, Genie, Marantec, Sears, Overhead Door, Raynor, Stanley, Craftsman, and more!